Teen Summit 2016 Video
OCTOBER 15, 2016
About Teen Summit:
The Los Angeles County Alliance for Boys & Girls Clubs is holding its 2016 Teen Summit on the UCLA Campus. 1300 – 1400 teen members of the Boys & Girls Clubs from Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, San Bernardino & San Diego Counties will be invited to the UCLA campus for a fun day full of educational activities and opportunities.
The theme of the 2016 event is MIND, BODY, and SOUL. The conference includes workshops to strengthen our youths’ minds, bodies and spirits. Workshops feature how to be proactive about personal goals and professional success, financial literacy, personal empowerment, professional development, life and spiritual wellness. It will be a transformative day for the teens as they learn to break down personal boundaries and rise to the level of success they deserve.
The day will be broken-up into 4 key sections that each teen will experience:
Mind – High-level executives and professionals will relay their knowledge and experience to the teens, giving them information on the wide-range of opportunities awaiting for them in their professional lives.
Body – Teens will rotate between three interactive, exercise booths in order to learn real ways to keep their bodies up to speed with the power within their minds and souls.
Soul – Panel members will give their insight on how to live a life full of Creativity, Inspiration, Positivity & emphasize the importance of Giving Back to ones community.
UCLA Tour – The teens will get a first-hand look at being a college student in this 4th breakout session.
Breakout Session Topics/Panelists Include:
- Communication and Life Skills
- How to land your first job
- Financial Literacy
- College Experience
- Automotive Industry
- Entertainment Industry
- Sports Industry
- Media Industry
- Working Out Without a Gym
This educational, fun, and inspiring event offers a memorable experience for our youth at a very pivotal time in their lives. Sponsorship of this event will further support the vital after school programs that the 23 Boys & Girls Clubs offer in greater Los Angeles for kids at all socio-economic levels.
Goals and Objectives:
- To show how teens inclusion and enlightenment can better the lives of everyone, especially those of today’s youth as they navigate today’s unique and always changing landscape.
- To provide a forum for executives and key community stakeholders to enlighten and engage with the 1300 – 1400 Boys & Girls Club Members about the vast possibilities when they leave their Clubs and the keys to their success in getting to where they want to be.
- To provide the 1300 – 1400 Boys & Girls Club members a heightened desire and excitement to continue their educational, professional and personal development.
- To provide community and corporate sponsors with a venue to engage the 1300 – 1400 Boys & Girls Club members at a grass roots level through educational and interactive opportunities.
- To provide a positive and memorable experience for all attendees including, sponsors, staff, volunteers, speakers, and Club Members.
- To provide the Los Angeles County Alliance for Boys & Girls Clubs with a high level marketing footprint to continue building relationships throughout the Los Angeles County region that will positively reach its mission. Our media partner NBC4, will work with sponsors who seek to have PSAs and digital media visibility co-branded with the Alliance for Boys & Girls Clubs.