IN KIND DONATION
Los Angeles County Alliance for Boys & Girls Clubs accepts In Kind Donations for Special Events and for General Donations to the individual Clubs. If you are interested in this process, please click on and fill out the appropriate In Kind Donation form below.
IN-KIND DONATION FORM RULES AND REGULATIONS:
IN-KIND donations must meet the standard charitable organization rules as outlined by the Federal Accounting
Standards Board (FASB) which includes:
Current standards of the FASB require that contributed services be recognized and recorded. The following
criteria must be met:
(1) the donation must be useful;
(2) the service creates or enhances a non-financial asset;
(3) the services require specialized skills and are provided by individuals with those skills.
Providing IN-KIND services and materials require review and approval from the Los Angeles County Alliance for
Boys & Girls Clubs management staff prior to acceptance. Only signed, approved donation forms are acceptable
as acknowledgement of in-kind donations.
Instructions for completing the IN-KIND DONATION FORM:
1. Provide specific project information related to the event being planned including date, city and county.
2. Provide detailed information related to the description of the item or service being donated. For printing
donations, include specific number of pages, packets or other items that are being considered. For other
material items, include specific quantities being considered. No financial donations are considered in-kind
3. The donor must complete the Estimated Fair Market Value (FMV). The Association cannot place a FMV
amount or interpret the value of any non-financial donations.
4. Provide donor-benefit amounts being returned to the donor in exchange for their in-kind donation.
a. Example: A donor provided printing of 100 booklets for an Educational Conference and received a
dinner at the event. The cost of the dinner must be itemized and recorded.
5. Provide information related to the donor including name, organization, address and other contact
6. Record the date received and your name.
7. Send the completed form to the Los Angeles County Alliance for Boys & Girls Clubs office for review and
approval. A copy of the completed, approved form will be sent directly to the donor and one copy of all in-
kind donation forms will be maintained at the Los Angeles County Alliance for Boys & Girls Clubs office for
8. Donations that cannot be accepted or fall outside the standard guidelines for acceptance will be rejected. A
formal letter will be sent to the donor and a copy of the notice will be retained for our records.
The Gift of GIVING
It’s a simple idea. Whether you come together with your family, your community, your company or your organization, find a way to give back and then share your idea.
Help Us Launch A Great Future
All donations made to The Los Angeles County Alliance for Boys & Girls Clubs are Tax Deductible.
Federal tax identification number is 46-5058473.